Answers for Life’s Challenges
He’s a very present help. When circumstances turn overwhelming, it often seems like God is far away, but that’s not really the case. If you are a Christian, God is always present with you because He lives in you. When trouble comes we are assured that He’s very present. He’s totally on your side, ready to lead you into victory against whatever enemy you’re facing. Listen to these great verses from Romans 8:
- Verses 31-32. What should we say then? Since God is on our side, who can be against us? God did not spare his own Son. He gave him up for us all. Then won’t he also freely give us everything else?
- Verse 35. Who can separate us from Christ’s love? Can trouble or hard times or harm or hunger? Can nakedness or danger or war?
- Verses 37-39. No! In all these things we will do even more than win! We owe it all to Christ, who has loved us. I am absolutely sure that not even death or life can separate us from God’s love. Not even angels or demons, the present or the future, or any powers can do that. Not even the highest places or the lowest, or anything else in all creation can do that. Nothing at all can ever separate us from God’s love because of what Christ Jesus our Lord has done.
If we can’t be separated from God’s love, we know ahead of time that we will win the battle! Turn to God in times of trouble. You’ll find He’s right there to help. If you’re not sure whether or not you’re right with God, we can help you right now to know for sure.
In difficult situations it is also wise to seek the counsel of your pastor or others who are specially trained to help you with the situation you’re facing.
Remember that storms come to all of us but storms don’t last forever. Circumstances change but God never changes. He’s a very present help in times of trouble.
Although the Bible is clear in its teachings, there still exists much confusion about heaven and hell. For instance, have you ever heard it said, “Good people go to heaven and bad people go to hell?” This statement does not agree with God’s word, although there are many good people in heaven, and certainly some bad people in hell. The truth is, none of us would make heaven if it were based on our own works and actions.
Another misconception is that if a person attends enough church services and repeats enough prayers, they will go to heaven when they die. But again, there’s nothing we can do to earn our way into heaven. And besides, going to church doesn’t make a person a Christian, even though church attendance is important.
All of these commonly held beliefs imply the same thing, that is, after you’ve tried your best, God will ultimately be the One to decide where you go. Friends, nothing could be further from the truth. You alone make the choice for heaven or hell by either accepting or rejecting Jesus. God made His only decision on the matter 2000 years ago when He sent Jesus to the cross and provided eternal life for all. Now “the ball is in our court” and the choice is ours.
If you’re not certain whether or not you’re in right standing with God, don’t put off this most important decision. The tabs to the left will provide you with the help you need.
If a person does nothing in response to God’s love, they will eventually die in their sins and go to hell instead of heaven. It’s a real place, and it’s forever.
The good news is, God doesn’t want you to go there, we don’t want you to go there, and thank God you don’t have to go there, because of Jesus.
The Bible says, Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. John 3:18
A decision to do nothing is the same as a decision to reject Jesus.
Make the right choice today…What to do to go to heaven.
- The first step toward heaven is to admit that you have sinned; that you are helpless to reach God (or heaven) on your own
“Everyone has sinned. No one measures up to God’s glory.” Romans 3:23
Fortunately, God had a great plan to restore us to Himself. He let His only Son become a man and take the punishment for sin that we rightly deserved. Only Jesus could have done this, because only Jesus lived a sinless life. No one else could ever qualify to do what Jesus did.
- The second step toward heaven is to agree that Jesus is God’s answer for sin, and that He’s the only way to God.
“God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son. Anyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life.” John 3:16
Notice that God gave His Son. Salvation through Jesus is a free gift that can never be earned by any good deeds of our own. We must simply receive Jesus as God’s provision for sin.
- The third step toward heaven is to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. You do this by faith by praying a prayer such as this one from your heart:
Dear God, I see that my sins have separated me from You and I repent of sin. Thank You that you loved me so much that You sent Jesus to suffer and die on my behalf, so that I could receive eternal life. I believe Jesus died for me and rose again, and I receive Him as my Savior right now. Jesus, You are my Lord, and I’ll live for You from this day on. Thank You, Father for saving me!
We know He heard us and saved us because we didn’t act on man’s opinion, we acted on God’s holy Word.
Say with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord.” Believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead. Then you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
Congratulations on making the best decision you could ever make in life!
- There’s a fourth step we want you to be sure to take. Announce your decision to follow Christ. Find a good church right away and begin to grow in the things of God. And please, tell us so we can rejoice with you.
Share with your friends your decision to follow Jesus. They can take the same steps you took – Admit, Agree, Accept – and receive eternal life also!
First, hear these two words – a command to you from the Lord: DON’T PANIC!
Obey those words right now and refuse to panic. As you obey and keep reading, the peace of God will begin to flood your mind and heart.
The way to deal with fear is not to run from it, but to look it in the face and resist it, refusing to yield to the feelings that have come. That takes faith but you can, and must do it.
Did you know that God’s Word actually forbids us to yield to fear when it comes? Notice in your Bible how many times the phrase “fear not” occurs. You may think you couldn’t possibly be free from fear, but the Bible says that we’ve been made sons of God, so we would never again be slaves to fear (see Romans 8:15). As you learn to resist fear, it will help you say things like, “I will not be afraid. I refuse to fear. I am a God-pleaser, and God is pleased with faith, not fear.”
Panic attacks are not God’s plan for your life. Anxiety is not from God. God has given us many promises in His Word that assure us of our victory. David wrote in the Psalms, I looked to the LORD, and he answered me. He saved me from everything I was afraid of. (Psalm 34:4).
When God is your help, there are many reasons not to be afraid. Here are a few of those reasons:
- He’s with you. I will not be afraid. You are with me. Your shepherd’s rod and staff comfort me. Psalm 23:4 The presence of the Almighty is not only a comfort to us, it is a force that surrounds us that the enemy cannot penetrate. Read Psalm 91, and you’ll be convinced that you’re safe because He’s with you.
- He cares for you. Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. 1 Peter 5:7 (AMP)
- He loves you. Most people know it to be true, but if we really believe that the Creator of all things loves us as much as He does, how could we stay afraid? There is no fear in love. Instead, perfect love drives fear away. 1 John 4:18
When you are tempted, you shouldn’t say, “God is tempting me.” God can’t be tempted by evil. And he doesn’t tempt anyone. But your own evil longings tempt you. They lead you on and drag you away. When they are allowed to grow, they give birth to sin. When sin has grown up, it gives birth to death.” James 1:13-15
You don’t have to sin. You can overcome and have victory every time, just like Jesus did. If you sin, it’s because you are choosing to disobey God and are obeying the longings of your flesh. That’s the simple truth. No blaming. No excuses.
If you are dealing with temptation in your life right now, be warned, DON’T DO IT! The price that you will pay for yielding to the temptation is too great. You have no idea what the consequences may be. Sometimes we don’t see consequences of our actions right away, but there will be consequences.
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. People reap what they sow. Those who sow to please their sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; those who sow to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Galatians 6:7-8
Some people have yielded to desires and habits for so long that, to them, it really does seem like they can’t stop and they’re out of control. The way out is to begin to starve the desires that you’ve yielded to for so long. It won’t be easy but you can do it with God’s help. It won’t take long before the desires that once controlled you get weaker and weaker. Eventually they will have no voice in your life whatsoever.
If we are to overcome sin, we must take control of our thought-life. The Apostle Paul said, I keep every thought under control in order to make it obey Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:5) It is possible to control the mind, but we will only do it successfully if we have knowledge of God’s Word. God’s word will show us if our thinking is correct or incorrect. This is so important because thoughts lead to action. If you think about something long enough, you will eventually act on it.
Just recognizing wrong thoughts is not enough. Replace that wrong thought with the Word of God. The Word is always right and as you stay filled with the Word and God’s Holy Spirit, you can master sin instead of sin mastering you!