Getting involved with a good local church is probably the single most important thing any Christian can do. Yet, many people don’t see it as the vital part of their spiritual development that it is. Before we explore why church involvement is so necessary, consider some of the common reasons why people don’t go to church:
- “I’m tired of being made to feel guilty.”
- “It’s too boring.”
- “The sermons don’t relate to real life.”
- “The music is from the dark ages.”
- “The service is exactly the same every time.”
- “The church is full of hypocrites.”
- “None of my friends go anymore.”
- “All they want is my money.”
If you’ve quit going to church for some of the reasons listed above, it probably means two things:
- You don’t like having your time wasted.
- You haven’t been to Faith Church Colorado.
The truth is, if church is done right it’s not a bore or a routine. In fact, many of the people at Faith Church consider our services to be the highlight of their week!
SO WHY GO???
- To grow spiritually. When a person becomes a Christian, they need the right environment in which to grow . The local church is as important to the new believer as a hospital nursery is to a newborn baby.
- Everyone needs a “family” of other believers to relate to and fellowship with.
- In life’s crises, your pastor and church family will be there for you.
- The Bible instructs Christians to get together often.
“Let us not give up meeting together. Some are in the habit of doing this. Instead, let us cheer each other up with words of hope. Let us do it all the more as you see the day coming when Christ will return.” (Hebrews 10:25)
- God has designed that many of the great things He has for you will only come to you as you are faithful in your church.
- The church is a place where you can get involved in ministry. That’s when being a Christian really gets exciting!
- When Christians come together for worship, God does great things.
These are just some of the reasons to get up, get dressed, and get to church. TV, radio, and the internet are great resources but nothing can take the place of your smiling face in your seat in every service! See you in church!